jueves, 9 de agosto de 2012

#5 9/8/2012

Well if I had describe this week so far its like a turd with a silver lining.  Everything happens for a reason and advice to anyone leaving to live abroad always remember: dont panic.

So to start it all off school in the beginning was a slight disaster on Monday.  I got to class 2 hours late because I was not told there was another campus for our university.  But on my behalf none of the other exchange students knew that there was another campus either.  I was lucky that the class I was taking was 3 hours long so I got the last hour and it was great, the professor was a very nice guy helpful and articulate.  Its my theater class all in Spanish, I took it because I figure it will be great practice for my speech. The next 3 days I have not had class because these classes do not start until next week so been a bit of free time.  Yesterday was a bit rougher then the rest though.

So let me give the backdrop first.  I spoke with my landlord to allow me to prorate the room I was in for a week until I receive my finical aid.  Yesterday morning a guy knocks on my door telling me that the room I was staying in was rented out to someone else and that I have to leave.....like now.  We call the landlord and he says that this is right and I have to leave.  So I pack all my shit, I have a acquired a few more things now like a few sheets, pillows, and a clothes hamper.  But the kicker was that I had just bought groceries the day before, hell i didn't know I was gonna get kicked out.  And I'm not going to leave my food for those assholes I'm low on funds as it was.  I managed to book the cheapest hostel I could find which was about 3 miles away.  So with all my belongings I walk too damn proud for a taxi...and broke, did I mention that this is the hottest day since I been here? Its like a regular day back home, son of a bitch.  I'm in jeans, doc martins, and my giant leather Morpheus look alike take the red pill jacket; I'm wearing these things to save room in my luggage you see.  So I walk 3 miles with a backpack on, luggage, clothes hamper full of dirty clothes, grocery bag, and bag of blankets.  I'm sure I looked like a hobo of sorts sweating, wearing random clothes, and swearing in my strange foreign language to myself.  Funny though :)  After this death march I inflict upon myself, after the handle breaks on the bag of blankets and a hole rips in the groceries,  I can rest shower and have my laundry done here.  Very good but the best part was... wait for it..... I got to wear shorts for the first time here.  OOOOO HOW LIBERATING!!!!!  I miss my comfortable clothes its been jeans all day and long johns, just no air space.  Took a walk to the north side of the city got some more cool pics, I'll post them, then came back.

Day is not over yet, I talk to Christian, hes like a student relation guy here for exchange students very helpful guy, and he sets me up to check out a place in providencia.  The nice part of town and I meet two ladies that take me to the room for rent and after about an hour I got a place to live. Awesome? I think so.  So I move in tomorrow sweet.
So the advice: don't panic, o yes I need to say I LOVE MY MOM!! with out her this would not be possible.  So also love your momma

last point cant forget about food I gave in and had a curto de libre con queso (quater pounder with cheese from McD's) and shit it was like 5 minutes of heaven I miss hamburgers :')

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario