viernes, 17 de agosto de 2012

#7 17/8/2012

Well the first week of full classes has come to an end. My schedule is free Monday, dropped my script writing class. Tuesday and Thursday is Globalization and its Impact, a fun course that explores the concepts and will also have us creating an assembly meeting for issues and situating a international type of caucus.  After that we will be my Spanish Language and Cultural class, got a great teacher who is bar far one of the most helpful teachers in Spanish I have ever had.  He is great at teaching the formal use, but knows that there is slang out there and always welcomes all questions and give great explanation with the of the use street talk. Friday (yes I have 2 Friday classes) starts with contemporary history of Chile class which I find absolutely fascinating, how the country has gone through its difficulties which I have already learned a few and taken in a lot of information about its cultural background as well.  Side note though it seems that my professor came from a very well off family, backing up to several generations, so his views may be different on some subjects dealing with the history of poverty and what it may have truly been like for those who suffered. Then finally its my international organization class where we discuss issues relating to IO, NGO, etc.
Classes over all are very interesting and I am enthused.  Other news is my roommate is moving out, bummer, his name is Felipe he's cool peoples graduated from engineering at a local university and just lives a chill life.  Hes leaving to go backpacking in the Southern part of Chile. The area is known for its beautiful mountains and Forrest that have been well persevered since the era of the dinosaurs.  There is some huge specie of tree that has been around since the era of the great lizards.  Cool shit for him so tonight we celebrate him leaving, also the father of the family that I am renting from is having his birthday tomorrow so another reason to party tonight hahaha.Good news I'll get my finical aid in a week.  Bad news Ill get my financial aid in a week, so as a note to any future students thinking about going here or reading this as you have already applied to school here, it starts 3 weeks early before you get aid. YOU WILL BE BROKE!! I put an add on craigslist to try and tutor English.  Finally, I knew my natural skill as an American would come in handy as we speak the language everyone else wants to know. Regular price is usually 5,000 pesos a hour ($10) if I get a gig.
Also this week was my friend Lisa's birthday (Happy Birthday Lisa) so Raphael and I cooked them some good ol American cheeseburgers and fried up some papas. Thats potatoes for all my none speaking Spanish readers.  But the meat was a odd quality so I will not be using the "jumbo" brand patties anymore.  Then there was lots of wine to close out the night.  Tuesday was also an interesting night, rolled with my five German chick posse ( we roll deep) and went to a Chilean house party.  Lots of good people, tons of pisco, managed to drink some whiskey too, and it was a sweet ass house. It was huge 2 stories place based in Los Condes (with the ricos), phat pool in the back, and HALF A SMALL SOCCER FIELD!
 Got a few photos to add up but that pretty much the wrap of it. It rained almost the whole week but tomorrow is gonna be a nice day, I might even get to wear shorts :). Also ate at Papa Johns and they had no lil packets of Parmesan or red pepper. OUTRAGIOUS!!! They saved it by offering extra garlic dip and pepperchinies

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario