miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2012

#1 26/7/2012

Leaving for Santiago only felt like one thing I have ever experienced before.  When I was younger my family, friends, and I took trips to the river and there was this train bridge that we would climb to the bottom of and jump into the water.  It was about 30 feet high but when your younger it can feel like the empire state building.  My first time I jumped I was so scared and nervous it took me 30 minutes to finally jump off.  The whole time my friends and family were cheering me on and telling me to hurry up and jump. But just like the first second when I jumped off the bridge I knew that in this there was no just rewinding and going back. When the plane left LAX the excitement hit and so did the fear and nervousness, but there is always uncertainty with any adventure.

What else about my first day has stood out you ask? Well my luggage did not leave Miami, so no new clothes for two days (yes I do smell) but I finally got to shower and ooooo best 5 minutes of my life, then the water went icy and it became the worst 30 seconds. Figuring out how to get around has been a challenge I seem to be unable to find most of the street signs.  What has been my favorite observation is that it seems to be the that 80’s never died it just traveled south taking its hairstyles and clothes with it. Very entertaining at times :).  For my first Chilean meal, because I have to mention food at some time on here, was a double cheeseburger, fries, and a sprite at a place called Mas-Beef hahahaha.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring a better story, and my toothbrush :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario