miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2012

#2 30/7/2012

Monday and events keep changing.  Made a cool friend, Lucien, a pro skier from Colorado that was stopping on his way to Peru shooting a ski documentary.  We chilled a few days drank some beers ate the Chilean version of hot dogs (dog on a baguette with sourkrout, pickled carrots, mayo, tomatoes, and aji) so damn good.  Went to the Castle Hildago, which was the home of the first governor of Chile very cool.  Also a few days ago I ate a Peruvian restaurant, had carne with onions and tomatoes, rice, and fries. Of course a beer, which was from Spain, too it was my night out to treat to myself.  Saturday night was very fun though ended up staying up all night with the locals at the hostel ( guy from Colombia, dude from Spain, two chicks from Mexico, and another dude from Chile) it was my introduction to the drink of pisco, sort of like sweet tequila, and beers of course. Spent time talking, practicing my Spanish, asking questions of each other, and the dude from Chile played the guitar for a while he was pretty good.  Then Sunday funday went shopping the dude from Spain, Fernando, showed Lucien and me how to go shopping right. See he owns a clothing store in Spain so he knows the tricks, we walked up and Lucien found a sweater he liked. Fernando ripped the tag off and asked the cashier how much.  She just looked and said a price below the posted price.  Fernando said good but told us not yet.  We walked up to another cashier and he asked the same question, and she said an even lower price.  Lucien bought the sweater from half it worth, WINNING! Then we went out and in the swap meet kind of area had a real taste of Chilean food.  It was a soup with chicken, corn(still on the cobb), carrots, peas, cilantro, a sweet potato, and a regular potatoes all slow cooked. Amazing! After that it was siesta time.  See nearly everything was closed on Sunday so we picked up a few beers sipped a bit and napped.  Well that leads me to today, it has been a changing one.  Lucien took off to Peru and I met a new cat, Brentt, an exchange student from Virgina that goes to the Catholic University here, at a cafe with Lucien. Then my favorite so far DRANK A REAL CUP OF COFFEE!!! They don't drink coffee here, mostly tea and they use this powder crap for instant coffee and it taste like crap.  There was also a job offer for me to be a teacher for an English conversational class, but I had to decline because my school schedule will not allow it, but I may look into tutoring just for extra cash there is a demand here.  Also i made a friend who works at the hostel who has been kind enough to let me crash at their pad to save money. It was costing me $18 dollars a night, tooo much! So I am here now for free chilling, literally it freezing.  Well i will see where it takes me I got a few days here then find a place closer to school it will be nice. Until next time a word of advice: DON'T SNORT PISCO WITH THE SKI PATROL!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario